And also, because I'm a multi-tasker like that, I'm posting this now. Possibly because an anonymouse has been giving me not-so-subtle hints to post one of these for a few weeks now.
* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 unlimited 8D holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1 - Recs - I enjoyed and discovered so many new shoes/movies/etc during last year's Wishlist meme (Mentalist! Jane! Lisbon!), and even though I'm still working my way through it, I'm going for a repeat. Are there any books/movies/shows/anime/manga/comic/gam
2- Bad!Movie Recs - I'm putting this in a separate category, because I have recently discovered the wonders of watching really horrible movies with auragirl and mumumugen. (I think it's the only way to get through, much less enjoy, Dragonball Evolution. Other than massive quantities of alcohol, which is a given.) We have the Hannah Montanah movie, Twilight, and Jaws 4 on our queue, but if there's anything that's tortured you in particular, feel free to share XD
3- Tips! - Er, not the monetary kind, but just some general know-how. From Photoshop to cleaning/cooking, basic home maintenance, I could always do with a new way to tackle a project. (Especially house-related stuff at this point in time.)
4- Art! - Some anonymous person, possibly the same one as last year, should pay attention to this. I always enjoy art, digital, hand-drawn, whatever form it may take. Art based on or inspired by my stories (or those who know them, my original characters) gives me an extra bit of high-pitched dolphin squeaking, but I'm seriously easy to please. I'm sure I'd love anything that any of you spend your time on.
5- I've been so busy, I sorta forgot to post this. So, feel free to give me some ♥ at the Fanfiction Love Meme. Because ego stroking is the gift that keeps on giving! ...or maybe that's beans. I'll have to think on this further.
6- An odd, random one for me, but if anyone knows of a pre-series Gilmore Girls fic featuring Chris and Lorelai's friendship, pre-Rory, I think I'd clap with joy. I've been rewatching the series lately and love to see young Chris being mischievious and getting kicked out of prep schools left and right, and young Lorelai just being her awesome self in general.
7- Information about how one could, ahem, acquire the series known as "Getbackers", I've seen two like-minded people squee over this anime, and it sounds like it might be my kind of flick. Sadly, my current sources have come up dry.
8- My brain. It disappeared some months ago after I signed the first paperwork on the house, and I have yet to seen it since. Do not mind a regifted replacement. Urgent plz.
9- Squee! - As dorky as it sounds, it makes me happy. What have you squeed about lately? Fandom/media-wise, or just IRL?
10-Surprise me! Because who doesn't love surprises?