* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 unlimited 8D holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
- I love art. I wish I had the patience to do it better myself. I have notebook pages filled with failed sketches of Cool Scenes, either from stories I've written, or just things that would Look Cool.
- Fic - I didn't sign up for any of the Secret Santas (I felt guilty about not being able to reciprocate), but I'm never opposed to a fun snark fest between my favorite guys. Fic recs count too! I'm woefully behind on my reading, but I've been craving some nice friendshippy John and Rodney adventures lately.
- Recs! - TV, movies, books, whatever -- I'm always in the search of the Latest in Squee. My big loves are friendship and snark (shocking, isn't it?), so anything that hits that particular kink is always greatly appreciated.
- Icons - I snuck in during the Permanant Account sale and snatched me one, purely so I could have more icons. I seem to have a startling lack of, of all things, Rodney icons, and I'm still not sure how I don't have a squee, lol, and \o/ icons.
- Squee - I'm stealing this from naye, but yes, squee! It makes me happy, especially Real Life Squee. Happiness is infectious!
- Charity! - If you're really in the giving mood, there's thousands of charities on Razoo that you can donate to, or just someone on the street.
- Surprise me? Actually, I'd be surprised with anything. I'm easily startled like that ;) I'm pretty easy to please.
And before I disappear back into the Holiday Madness Mist again, how's everyone doing this fine holiday season?