Nicked from mumumugen:
CREATE YOUR BAND NAME & ALBUM COVER
To Do This:
1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit "random" or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random.
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2 - Go to Quotations Page and select "random quotations" or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3.
The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.
3 - Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days” or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days.
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.
Mine looks like... okay, I have no idea, but it looks like some genre of music. Or something... I think the cold meds are wearing off.
Snurched from jadesfire
Post a single sentence from each WIP you have (or as many as you want to pick). No context, no explanations. No more than one sentence.
This is much, much harder than it looks. I've noticed in reviewing my WIPs, my favorite lines rely on context from the scene or other sentences. (And, okay, I cheated a little with 7 and 8 because they make me snorfle a little too much, but the rest are all from different stories.)
- Unfortunately Rodney was too busy flailing and trying to hack up the insect to check exactly what he had inhaled, Sheppard was too busy snickering to care, Ronon was too busy smirking and saying it was a good source of protein, and Teyla was far too busy being pregnant to be there to smack them both on his behalf.
- And John laughs so hard that he breaks something inside of him that he had forgotten had been there at all.
- "I'm glad squared to the cubed power of you being glad!"
- If I'm lucky they just burst into tears—and no matter how many times I tell them there's no crying in applied theoretical astrophysics they never listen—but no, for some reason they all seem to take it so personal.
- Both of their faces cloud over with anger at the insult, but John's past caring now, because they've interrupted Green Eggs and Ham Day with their idiotic gossip, and he's going to enjoy his disgustingly-colored-yet-surprisingly-de
licious meal in peace even if he has to verbally eviscerate them like a certain topic of conversation would.
- Of course, "baby brother" was a misnomer as Ronon Dex was almost half a foot taller than Rodney, outweighed him by almost fifty pounds of pure muscle, and if particularly motivated could probably bend him in half.
- He would have stopped to stare at the sergeant from earlier, down on one knee trying to serenade the Stargate, but he just couldn't muster enough energy at this point.
I just noticed that this is not one sentence. I'm going to bed now.
- "I just witnessed one of my men trying to paint a puddlejumper in the nude. Forgive me for being a little off my game."
- It seemed just about everyone onboard the USS Pegasus was a mutt of some kind: John was part Vulcan, Ronon part-Klingon, Teyla part-Betazoid, and John was sure Rodney had some chihuahua in him somewhere.
- "A few minutes ago, just for kicks, you tried to convince a gaggle of fourteen-year-olds we were a couple."
- "A Rodney McKay 'oh my god we're going to die a fiery death' minute, or a Rodney McKay 'gee I wonder what this tiny innocuous little button--oh my god we're going to die' minute?"
- "I'm sorry, is my imminent death not conducive to your shiny, happy thoughts?"
- "C'mon, Teyla, let’s find some light for Doctor Crankypants."
- "Nooo, no one ever appreciates the hero -- don't play any of that emo rock crap! -- it's always 'Oh, you should have been here faster' or 'Why did you have to stop and give your number to the attractive cat burglar before rescuing me', or 'help me, I'm being murdered'."
1 - Many apologies to anyone who received a strange comment from me in the past day or so. I get a little bit loopy on Day/NyQuil, even if they've taken out most of the fun ingredients these days.